I can’t begin without a huge thank you from Mackenzie at Design Darling for inspiring me to start this list. Or should I say restart? Years and years ago, long before my blog, I attempted a 101 in 1001 list that crashed and burned. I lost total track of the days and, frankly, forgot all about it because I didn’t have anyone to hold me accountable. Well, here I go. I’m posting it for the world to see and will share the adventures I (hopefully) have along the way. Maybe someday I could get to a Part II or III, but until then, here’s my Part I.
Starts January 8, 2018
Ends October 5, 2020
1 down, 100 to go!
1) Come up with 101 goals. (1/8/18)
2) Go 48 hours off the grid.
3) Run a half or full marathon.
4) Watch 10 classic movies I’ve never seen before.
5) Find a dermatologist and go on yearly visits.
6) Read 12 biographies of people I admire.
7) Pay off my Jeep.
8) Run 5 times a week for a month.
9) Read for 30 minutes every night for a month.
10) Go to bed by 9 pm for a week.
11) No TV for two weeks.
12) Go a month without eating out.
13) Make charitable donations every year.
14) Get confirmed at my church.
15) Earn my Master’s degree.
16) Become a Nationally Board Certified teacher.
17) Collaborate with a local boutique.
18) Be sponsored by a brand that I truly love.
19) Host an event.
20) Create a weekly signature blog post.
21) Attend a blogging conference.
22) Work with the city of St. Pete.
23) Unsubscribe to all unwanted e-mails.
24) Get into the 5-digit followers on Instagram.
25) Order business cards for the blog.
26) Post on Instagram everyday for a month.
27) Get married.
28) Post all of my wedding blog posts.
29) Send out all of my thank you notes.
30) Change my last name.
31) Celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary.
32) Celebrate David’s 30th birthday.
33) Surprise David in a major way.
34) Celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.
35) Do a triathlon with David.
36) Buy myself 5 new pieces with my new monogram.
37) Send out Christmas cards each year.
Family and Friends (0/5)
38) Go on a mother-daughter trip.
39) Take my dad out to dinner.
40) Have a girl’s trip.
41) Spend the day with just my brother.
42) Make an extensive family tree.
43) Make an album of our old family photos.
44) Keep our carriage house clean for a month.
45) Have a dinner party.
46) Clear my closet of clothes I don’t wear.
47) Finish decorating my closet/office.
48) Buy an original piece of artwork.
49) Buy a house.
50) Blog about our carriage house.
51) Go to Key West.
52) Visit St. Augustine with David.
53) Ride on an airboat.
54) Swim with the manatees.
55) Spend the weekend in Miami.
56) Visit Palm Beach.
57) Go strawberry picking.
58) Camp at Egmont Key.
59) Have a staycation at the Vinoy.
60) Revisit 30A in the summertime.
61) Go to 10 new restaurants in Tampa Bay.
New England (0/13)
62) Visit every state in New England.
63) Learn to ski.
64) Walk the Freedom Trail.
65) Eat authentic NE Clam Chowder, Lobster Bisque, and Lobster Rolls.
66) Go swimming in the Atlantic Ocean in Maine.
67) See David’s alma mater, the University of Rhode Island.
68) See the fall foliage.
69) Hike Mt. Mansfield.
70) Go apple picking.
71) Take a New England road trip with David.
72) Blog about my New England travels.
73) Watch the sunrise on a beach in Maine.
74) Visit Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, and/or Cape Cod.
75) Go to Italy for our honeymoon.
76) Post all of our honeymoon blog posts.
77) Get TSA pre-check.
78) See the Grand Canyon.
79) Visit my cousin in California.
80) Visit my cousin in Hawaii.
81) Havana, Cuba for the a long weekend.
82) Return to Puerto Rico.
83) Travel to our northern neighbors: Canada.
84) Go south of the border to Mexico.
85) See the Pacific Ocean.
86) Drive to Savannah and Charleston.
87) Post a travel post once a month.
89) Take pictures in a lavender or sunflower field.
90) Visit our ancestral homes in Ireland.
Just For Fun (0/11)
91) Leave a 100% tip of $25 or more.
92) Become fluent in another language.
93) Take a calligraphy class.
94) Attend a black tie event.
95) Take a self-defense class.
96) Take tennis lessons.
97) Go to five different fashion week.
98) Take a dance class with David.
99) Use the golf clubs that I already have.
100) Splurge on a pair of designer shoes.
101) Save $5 for each goal I reach.