I’ve mentioned this a few times, but haven’t really gone into detail. The next few years are going to be incredibly busy in term of traveling. Things are starting to line up even now and it’s only the start of the new year. Because I’ve had major wanderlust lately, I wanted to share what’s for sure coming up and leave you with a little bit of mystery on what’s still in the works.
- Vermont: Fantastic news for my husband-to-be. He’s being inducted into the Vermont Sports Hall of Fame and we will be attending his induction ceremony in the beginning of May. I’ve only been to Vermont once before and it was a winter wonderland. I’m hoping Spring will be in the air and I’ll get to see the green in Green Mountain State.
- Italy: This is the big one. For our honeymoon in July, David and I will spend three weeks traveling all throughout Italy. We’re making all of the major stops like Milan, Florence, and Rome, but we’ll also be heading to Lake Como, Bologna, Assisi, Capri, and Ischia.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Because we have a 24 hour layover in this ancient city, we aren’t wasting anytime to explore. I’m so excited to take in this culture and devour a new cuisine I’m not very familiar with. If it’s even half as good as what I’ve been reading, then I’m in for a (Turkish) delight.
- Lugano, Switerland: It’s just a hop, skip, and jump from Lake Como in Italy. And, it may be part of our honeymoon itinerary, but I’m counting it because its a new country for me. This was inspired by my friend’s glowing recommendations. We may even try to travel up to Lucerne while we’re in the area.
- Rhode Island and West Massachusetts: Yes, another New England destination, but completely unrelated. The perk of dating a Northerner is all of the opportunities to go, well, North! We have a wedding this October in a small Massachusetts just west of Providence, Rhode Island. We’ll take a day to visit Newport and his alma mater, the University of Rhode Island. For all the times he’s had to deal with my Florida State Seminoles and Tallahassee, it only seems fair.
And now, the TBAs…
- My Bachelorette Weekend: Not sure when, not sure where, but I am definitely looking forward to whatever comes my way. I’m thinking the contenders are Charleston, Savannah, and Palm Beach. I’m clearly partially to somewhere in the South, hopefully with warmer weather, and a beach.
- The Mystery: This one is definitely still in the research phases still, but I have Southwest credit that is burning a hole in my pocket and needs to be used by August. Since summer is pretty much spoken for, I’m thinking of the end of March, during my Spring Break. Stay tuned for details.
- A Blogging Conference?: On my blogging bucket list, I have ‘attend a blogging conference’ in big, bold letters. I would love to sneak one in this year because I feel like I’ve really hit my stride as a blogger and would have so much to gain from going. The year is already jam packed. So, if it doesn’t happen this year, there’s always 2019.
I even have trips planned out into 2019: David’s 30th birthday, a wedding in Ecuador, and wherever else we wind up. Don’t worry, I won’t get into that now, but do know that my head is swimming with all of the possibilities! What are your travel plans for 2018? Comment below and who knows, I may just run into you along the way!
Love from Florida,