Happy Valentine’s Day to all!!
You’ve probably seen countless red and pink shop guides about what to get your significant other, right? While these are fantastic and I’ve used a few of them for some inspiration, I want to give one last PSA for the Valentine season. That is, make sure that you are loving on and taking care of yourself. It’s probably cliche, but giving out love to the world is easiest when you, yourself, feel loved. I want to share my quick tips for showing yourself some love. It doesn’t matter if you’re single, dating, or married… These tips can work for you!
- Indulge in some retail therapy. Sometimes it just feels really nice to go shopping and spend some money on yourself. Put down some money in a store that makes you feel good about yourself. For me, that store is J Crew. It doesn’t even have to be anything big. Go to your local florist and find yourself a bouquet of flowers that makes you say, “You know would love these? Me!”
- Spend some time in your pj’s. As soon as your shopping is done, head home, take off your make up, and cozy on up in your comfiest pj’s. This is the true uniform for getting ready to relax and unwind.
- Two Words: Spa. Day. What is your body needing? Manicure, pedicure, massage, facial? All of the above? Okay, you deserve it!
- Be a bookworm. Because you’re in your pajamas, curl up in bed and read a good book. Pick a biography about your personal female hero (hello, Jackie Kennedy), or the latest from the New York Times bestsellers list. And if you find yourself dosing off to sleep? No problem! Allow yourself to catch up on your beauty rest.
- Make a list. The most obvious way to make yourself feel loved is by writing a list about why you’re so wonderful. Keep a journal and everyday write down your accomplishments, goals, and positive vibes. In the future, you’ll always be able to look back on this and realize how much you’ve been able to achieve.
- Binge watch with a glass wine. Maybe reading or writing just aren’t your thing. That’s okay, too! Some nights call for a bottle of wine, extra buttery popcorn, and endless hours of girl power shows like The Crown or Park and Rec.
- Look in the mirror and smile. This is a little trick is 100% free and you can do it everyday. Always find something that you love about yourself when you look in the mirror. It could be something about your appearance or anything else.
How do you share love with yourself and, more importantly, do you think this affects how you interact and work with others?
The Coastal Stylist