Happy Friday y’all! After this crazy 3-day work week, I’m definitely ready for the weekend and coffee!!
This edition of ‘St. Pete Spotlight’ goes out to my favorite local coffee shop in the Sunshine City: Black Crow Coffee. Every Saturday and Sunday morning, you can find me and the boyfriend posted up with coffee drinks, yummy baked treats, and lots of work to do. We like to take full advantage of our weekends and get as much work done as we can. So, why do we choose Black Crow? There are just so many reasons that I would love to break down for you.
- The Location: Black Crow is located is the picturesque Old Northeast neighborhood, just north of Downtown, on 7th Ave and 2nd St. Lucky for us, we live a quick 10 minute walk away and we take full advantage of not having to drive. Dave and I both commute 45 minutes plus for our 9-5 day job and the last thing we want to do is spend even more time in the car. After you grab your drinks, feel free to take a walk through my neighborhood. Being one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city, be sure to take in the beautiful homes, many that are nearly a century old.
- The Atmosphere: You are bound to notice the sign on the front door that says “All Are Welcome Here”. If this doesn’t perfectly sum up Black Crow, then I don’t know what would. The music is laid back and completely fits the vibe. The inside is furnished with a perfectly mismatched ensemble of vintage chairs, tables, and a whole lot of work from local artists. AKA: the perfect place for your creative juices to start flowing.
- The Staff: Black Crow is run by the fantastic Deana, and she does so with love. She will always greet you with a warm smile and has always been more than willing to answer any questions you may have about her shop. Everyone else who works behind the counter is equally friendly and have the best recommendations for drinks to try.
- The Coffee: Of course, what kind of a coffee shop would we be going to without amazing coffee? Using their own locally roasted coffee, Black Crow has drinks that will satisfy almost anyone, even if you don’t consider yourself to be a huge coffee drinker. My personal favorite is their signature ‘Chai-town Cold Brew.’ Although it started as David’s usual order, I quickly stole it and made it mine (something that he likes to give me a hard time for). When we’re talking a yummy mix of chai tea, cold brew coffee, and soy, who would want to steal it?
- The Food: Three words. Rosemary. Shortbread. Cookie. Not exactly what you would call a healthy breakfast, but it’s my favorite way to start off my Saturday and Sunday mornings. Black Crow offers a huge variety of muffins, croissants, bagels, and (of course) cookies. Always thinking about their customers, they include items that are gluten free. Each muffin is tastier then the last, but if the biggest challenge of my weekend is figuring out what to eat, I really shouldn’t be complaining.
If you are a fellow St. Petian or live in the Tampa Bay area, and love your morning coffee, I really encourage to skip the Starbucks or Dunkin’ and give a local business a try. Black Crow is such a great spot, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
The Coastal Stylist